Our classes are focused on discipleship and are designed to be taken in order: Starting Point, Identity & Growth.
Class descriptions & online registration available below. If you're new to ALC or have questions before joining, please speak to someone on our connections team (Sundays in the lobby) or contact us. We'd love to help you get plugged right in!
Next Session starts mid-January
• Starting Point
• Identity Class
• Growth Discipleship
• Marriage Class - From this day forward
• Parenting Class - Boundaries with Kids
- Celebrate Recovery - CR meets every Thursday at 7pm
*Childcare is available for birth-5 years old during midweek classes. Youth & Kids have exciting programs that run during midweek classes. More info below.
Class Descriptions & Sign Ups
- Starting Point: Everything has a beginning. Every person, every idea, every journey starts somewhere. Whether it's one small step in a new direction or a major event, from that point forward nothing is ever the same. It's not always comfortable. It's not always easy. But it's a start. Join Starting Point as a first step in your discipleship journey.
- Identity Class: Join Identity as your second step on your discipleship journey. In this class you will find out who God has made you to be and what you're supposed to do with it. Your will discover your story and be able to share your story in a powerful way.
- Growth Discipleship Class: Join this class as the third and final step in your discipleship journey. In this class you will discover a deeper relationship with Jesus, you will acquire tools and resources to help you on your faith journey. As well, as take the next steps as a leader.
- Financial Peace University: Nine-week class that teaches people the seven steps to dump debt, spend wisely, save for the future, and give generously. This is the only class we offer that comes with a cost. The cost is $100 for materials & national registration.
- Marriage Class: The choices you make each and every day determine not only your relationship with God but also the quality of your marriage. The decisions you make today will determine the marriage you will have tomorrow. You and your spouse will discover a richer, deeper, more authentic relationship. Don’t be a statistic. Don’t be average. Let’s get you the marriage you’ve always wanted. Starting right now—from this day forward.
- Parenting Class: Here is the help you need for raising your kids to take responsibility for their actions, attitudes, and emotions. Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend take you through the ins and outs of instilling the kind of character in your children that will help them lead balanced, productive, and fulfilling adult lives. Learn how to: set limits and still be a loving parent, bring control to an out-of-control family life, apply the ten laws of boundaries to parenting, define appropriate boundaries and consequences for your kids…and much more.
- Celebrate Recovery: For anyone that has hurts, habits or hang ups and needs support. Meets weekly Thursdays at 7pm in the Life Center. No need to sign up, just show up.
For our Kids
(K - 5th grade)
Kids will have a fun, safe environment where every kid will gain a love for the Bible and deeper understanding of it's truth. They will enjoy awesome small groups connection and fun activities that will make God's word come alive. (Ages birth-5th grade)
For our elementary kids, our kids clubs have been a great way to keep kids learning & growing. These clubs happen every Wednesdays from 7-8:30pm.
For our Youth
(Middle & High Schoolers)
- CREATE Life Groups: Sundays at 10:45am, downstairs in rooms LC5-8: This is a place where every middle & high schooler can belong. Every week the students will spend time connecting with God and others in their age range. There are four separate groups: middle school girls, high school girls, middle school boys & high school boys
- CREATE Youth Ministry: Wednesdays at 7pm, in the bridge, middle & high schoolers: Wednesday nights, we create a space where our kids can have fun, hang out and play games. We have honest conversation about God, life, the things that are happening around us and find out what the truth of the Gospel says.
- Youth for Christ (YFC): Thursdays at 7pm, in the bridge: YFC ministry combines healthy relationships with fun activities to help young people make good choices, establish a solid foundation for life, and positively impact their schools. YFC seeks to engage these young people wherever they are found as lifelong followers of Jesus Christ.
Why attend Midweek classes at ALC?
Sunday mornings at ALC are awesome. You get to be around people who like you, and you like them. You get to worship God with some crazy good music, great teaching and changes to be generous with your time and money.
As great as Sunday celebrations are, there are things that just can’t happen in that setting. Maybe you wanted to go a little deeper on the content, or ask a follow up question. Maybe you would love to hear what other people are thinking about what is being said. Maybe you’ve got something happening in your life that’s totally separate from the message and you need people coming alongside you to pray for you and support you. Maybe things are great, but you’d like to build some deeper friendships and it’s just not happening on Sunday morning.
Midweek classes at ALC is where you can get a chance to build on top of your Sunday. That may be a life group, or a support group like CR, or a class that hits a topic you want to learn more about.
The bottom line is that we all want to follow Jesus closer than we’re doing now. As a community, we can encourage and support one another as we put our heart and soul and mind and strength into that journey.
Get involved with a group of people that are doing the same thing.
Sunday mornings at ALC are great. Where is the place that you’re getting a chance to grow a little more, to dig a little deeper, to make some stronger connections?